*sniff* As I type, I sit - Kleenex in hand - ready *ah-choo* for the next sneeze. Most of you know, Mike and I both proudly celebrate autumn birthdays. Who doesn't enjoy the crisp air, crunching through fallen leaves, cheering on your favorite football team, and hailing in some of the best holidays of the year?! *ah-choo!* This year, unfortunately, autumn also hailed in the hyped flu season (The Pandemic of 2009). *sniff* While Mike nor I were particularly keen on meeting The Flu, it seems that The Flu was quite intent on meeting the two of us. In fact, it planned it's visits at the most inopportune times - and most definitely outstayed *AH-CHOO* its welcome.
Mike's visit from The Flu came first, and ironically fell the weekend of my birthday. Poor guy! *sniff* He pushed through though - even pulling an all-nighter at work while gulping down meds and gallons of water. *sniff, sniff* Once The Flu packed up and left a few days later, Mike treated me to a fantastic evening of French cuisine at Masa's, here in the city. Mmmmm!!! Definiately *ah-chooo* a combination celebration of birthday and the return of Good Health.
Good Health stayed for awhile *sniff* - and is still currently chums with Mike (yep - air travel and all). Me though ... *AH-CHOO!* I guess I was due for a visit from The Flu. He's now been visiting for the past few days. I hoped he'd get the hint and leave by the time Mike's birthday arrived, but no such luck. Guess Mike and I will be celebrating his cumpleanos a few days late...
To be fair to The Flu, perhaps his timing was thoughtful in his own twisted way? What better way to gain brownie points with your spouse than to wait on him/her, hand and foot on YOUR birthday?? ;)
Happy Birthday, Honey!!
I know it wasn't the same, but at least Mike got to celebrate his birthday with us. Hope you get better soon Candace!
ReplyDeletewhat the bunnysauce? i was so excited to see your comment on lindsay's blog that led me to find that you have a blog, too! you're such a good writer. i could totally hear your "voice" coming through while reading this whole post! emily said she had so much fun catching up with you when she was up there a few months ago. hope you're feeling better soon! and please be sure and add me to your list when you go private with the blog. :)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I want to congratulate you guys on becoming bloggers (yes we all eventually fall prey). Secondly, it's not right to look so cute in your pics Candy... you make me want to step it up a notch and actually put on make up for the day! (Mike don't feel left out. You look great in the pics too)
ReplyDeleteJust saw this--so you must be all better. You have a fun style of writing, so even if you do only blog once a month, it's fun to follow your adventures. Hope neither of you have to have a flu adventure again, however.
ReplyDeletePlease keep us on the list when you go private.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen (Janice's sister) - Argentina